Children’s Ministry Leaders: Are your “Back-to-School” August/September/October Greeters trained, scheduled and ready to serve? If not, recruitment should begin immediately. Try this template for a “Want Ad” for your bulletin, program or website:
Wanted: Smiling, Approachable, Patient Greeters!
The Children’s Ministry has immediate openings for happy greeters to welcome our new and returning families. No experience necessary, training will be provided. (However, all applicants must complete and pass a background check). Commitment, Compensation, and Benefits provided upon request. Contact YOUR NAME HERE at YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS to request more details.
More details for a later time:
Commitment: One Sunday a month, 30 minutes before meeting times.
Compensation: The pleasure of knowing you are making a difference in a child’s everlasting life.
Benefits: “Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great”. Matthew 5:12
All applicants must be able to:
- Smile and make children (and their parents) feel important and welcome.
- Understand and be able to summarize security procedures.
- distinguish between a nursery baby, a Preschooler and an Elementary-age child.
- discuss this month’s curriculum (vaguely) and what will be discussed in the classrooms.
- provide a church map, church literature and church contact information to each family upon request.
- locate campus buildings to escort visiting families to the appropriate meeting areas.
- provide details, tools and directions for “Child Pick-up” time after worship service.
- explain how parents will be notified should the Children’s Ministry area need them to report back.
- escort the parents to the main Worship Center or an Adult Study Group, while keeping the conversation going with opportunities within the church for each member of this family.
Join the Displayit at Church Email Mailing list for ministry tips, ideas for creating effective ministry environments and more. Our monthly email is our chosen vehicle for providing discounts, secret promo codes, special pricing and product information for leaders on the front lines of ministry.
Blessed with the gift of gab and hospitality, Bev served as a staff member for a fast-growing church for almost a decade. Discovering her talent for helping people step out of their comfort zone, she began recruiting volunteers to serve in Children’s Ministry. As the church grew, her focus became the influx of visitors and the need to make sure they didn’t get lost in the growth. For this, she developed a full team of trained volunteers to create the “WOW, from the Street to the Seat”. Her success with this program lead to speaking engagements at churches across North Georgia, prompting a string of WOW experiences! Now, as Marketing Manager for Displayit at Church, she loves sharing her tips, tricks and ideas, that can make a real difference. “We’re all on the same team, the Jesus team. Let’s work together for the greater good!”